Connect Mi Band 5/6 With Gadgetbridge Without PC
Xiaomi or Mi has made the pairing process with Gadgetbridge a bit complicated with the introduction of the auth key. In this blog post, I will cover how I connected my Mi Band 5 to Gadgetbridge without the help of a PC.
- Do not unpair the band from MiFit app
- Uninstall MiFit App
- Download huafetcher apk from from it's release page, and then install it on your phone and then manually give it permission for storage
- Open huafetcher and choose Amazfit as login method and then fill in your email and password and then click on Fetch Key
- If everything went well, the app will provide you the auth key
- Now, open the Gadgetbridge and then tap on + sign to add your band
- Allow the neccessary permissions
- Long Press on your band name, scroll down and then tap on auth key section to add your newly found key
- Go back and then tap on the band name to connect
- If everything went well, you will see your band on the Gadgetbridge homescreen
This guide is a compilation from Gadgetbridge's wiki and huafetcher. A huge thanks to the developers of both the applications for providing a foss alternative.